29 December 2016

2017 knitting goals





having nearly closed out 2016, i've been looking forward to 2017 and what it all has to offer.  knitting-wise, i hope it's productive.

a few months ago i came across this picture (top) on pinterest and i immediately fell in love with the whole dang outfit.  how comfy does that look?  i saved it, went back to admire it a few times and, at some point, thought to myself, "i could make that".  that simple...just going to make it.

i've scoured ravelry and have come up with, what i think, is a close match to the sweater.  the yarn is purchased (and feels heavenly) and swatch made.  the skirt will be a wool or wool blend and will be very simple to make; the hat i have some possible candidates.  that scarf?  i think it's the cocoon stitch  and i have yet to master it (p5tog?  sure...).  i haven't completely given up, but i'm secretly hoping that i'm wrong on the stitch because i don't know if i want to spend any quality time doing it.  we'll see.....   i haven't even started to search around for a glove pattern, but i'm not too concerned about it.

the second picture is for the bare branches cardigan.  the lovely pia showed hers off during one of her lovely kammebornia podcast, and i was smitten.  it stuck with me for quite a while, so i decided that it was a must-have as well.

finally, there is the nordic wind shawl (bottom picture) that will be made using some very special yarn along with my own hand-spun.  i love history and the yarn i'll be using is steeped in it which will make it all the more special.

there are a few more things that i may sneak in here or there knit-wise, but these are the main projects.  obviously the whole outfit will take some time, but the other two should go along rather quickly.  i haven't decided what i'll cast on first, but once i do, i'll update things here.

wishing you a safe journey into 2017!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I look forward to seeing your progress on these :-) Happy 2017! (Thanks for the links - I have favourited the middle one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so happy that i could help, raewyn! i look forward to seeing your bare branches when completed! :)

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are creating and blogging about it. I love the colors you choose for what was created in 2016. 2016 was a horrible year for my husband and I. I remember 2005 and quilt blogging. My husband gave me a classic button front knit sweater for Christmas. It has stripes of different knit stitches. Can you tell I do not knit? :) I am inspired by you to create goals for my 2017 quilting. I am going to try and find handmade finger less arm warmers to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you, meredith! creating is such a vital part of my life and i feel so blessed by it. i encourage you to find your muse once again.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful knits. I wish you a beautiful New Year and thank you for you friendship for such a long time already.
    Who knows what 2017 will bring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lucy! let's hope 2017 brings tons of creativity!! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Your goal projects are beautiful choices. I look forward to seeing your work as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a nice thing to say, sharon! thank you very much. :)

      Delete