03 December 2016

all is calm


i think i say this every year so why mess with tradition-how did this year go so fast?  2016 has been a doozy of a year.  instead of dwelling on where the time went though, i've decided to look ahead with hope and anticipation.

last december i had set myself some lofty goals to accomplish for 2016 and, surprisingly enough, i was able to accomplish a few of those even amongst the craziness.  i'll share some of those before the end of the month, but my mind is already formulating a plan for next year and i'm excited about what is popping up.  one of the goals is to blow the cobwebs from this lonely and quiet little blog.  the past year i've found myself browsing through some of my old photos (from when i would pick up my camera more than once a month!) and i miss that part of my life a lot.

in the meantime, i hope you are enjoying this beautiful season of the year.  i got all of my christmas shopping done in october and my work schedule is back to where it should be, so i'm really loving this quiet calm.  may you find yourself some of it as well.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed your photo evokes calm. I will try to find some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it, Sharon. Can be rather elusive at times though, can't it? :)

      Delete
  2. I do wish you and your family much happiness this Christmas season. The past year was a bit crazy for The Dude and I, so much so that I just had to stop blogging. I do hope to return someday as blogging did seem to be my 'calm' in the storms.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I hope you have a quiet ending to 2016. It's so easy to get caught up in it all and forget that we need to take some time and step away. :)

      Delete